So. After much thought and a few "practice aprons" I finished my apron for my partner and mailed it out. Yippee! I hope she likes it!!
She said she loved purple and birds....so here's the result.

I call it "early bird" because that's who catches the worm! (although who will win this tug-of-war could be debatable.) All of the tulips are pockets, and the main part is lined on the reverse. The ties match the waistband and are long enough to tie in front, if desired. I used See&Sew pattern 5125 because I liked the cut and soft ruffle. The rest is the result of my own imagination. The applique pieces are attached with freehand machine embroidery and are individual pieces for a dimensional feel. Anyway. Lots of fun to create.

I thought it turned out so cute, I had to make one for myself, with green, my favorite color.

Here is my "April Shower" apron from the same pattern, in case I needed a Plan B.



4 comments:
Jen--
You are AMAZING. That is by far the cutest apron I have EVER seen (and not just because it is purple.) One day when we are both old and gray and I have more time, will you teach me?
you can make me an apron any day! they are so cute!
You are so talented. I wish that you were still here to teach me more about sewing. Now that Katie is getting bigger I am going to attempt to sew clothes for her.
So cute Jen. I was hoping I got the apron with chicks when I saw it on the flickr site. So cute. I guess I didn't get it. I still haven't recieved mine. The one you got is so sweet. By the way, you are an awesome seamstress.
Post a Comment