Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Apron Ideas

Okay, I've been a little absent. I've been tossing ideas around in my head for the Sassy Apron Swap.

The theme is Spring.

When I think of Spring, I think of new beginnings, new growth, fresh air, fluffy clouds, sunshine, running track and suave hairspray, flowers and the Prom, among other things.

So. I was thinking about flowers and thought of a flower fairy, with a green bodice and fluffy underskirt. Then I thought that it would be a shame for a fluffy skirt to get caught on a burner and torched. Who wants to practice "Stop, Drop, & Roll" in their own kitchen? Scratch that idea.

Prom. Now, to understand this idea, you've got to realize that my prom was actually put on by the Jr. Class. We spent the week(s) before decorating the gym and practicing the promenade, a coreographed dance to our theme song which we ALL participated in. On the big night, we showed up, our names were announced (and who we belonged to) while happy parents and family members snapped pictures, then we performed our dance, twice, so each side of the gym could see, and then we maybe danced a few times with our date...had pictures, ate some cookies and then changed clothes to watch a movie at someone's house. Oh, yeah, and Prom King and Queen were voted on, not by who was most popular, but by who we felt had contributed the most to making the prom successful. Translation: Who worked the hardest. So. I thought it only fitting that I make a Prom Queen apron for lovely ladies who work so hard around their home to make it successful. But, the models I have to work with are polyester and fluffy and definetly not cotton. I can't, in good faith, send something that may or not hold up, wash after wash. But I will post pictures when I get them finished. I'm so excited! (Think shimmery halter-type polyester with fluffy skirt.)

So, I'll just have to think of something else....

0 comments: