I am so behind with this post. Life has been rather busy, and my pictures have been stuck in the camera for quite awhile. I received for a partner someone who doesn't have a blog, so I couldn't really snoop around and figure out exactly what she likes. She just said she liked cool colors. So, naturally, I thought of boating in the summer time. After rejecting quite a few fantastic-ally complex and crazy designs--along the lines of my crazy spring apron (think boating scene with nautical name flags and bikinis flying with the sails)--I decided I had better keep it simple and not impose my warped sense of creativity on an innocent soul.
I made a half apron in navy and white polka-dots, trimmed with pink bias tape and white ric-rac. The sensible, smart, crisp, cute side.
The pockets are HUGE enough to put the kitchen sink in, which I love.
Then I got excited and made the apron reversible, with a green and blue floral for the back, and trimmed in white bias tape. The spirited, flowing, free, fun side. 
I let the creativity flow with the free-appliqued dishtowel, and put my nautical theme in there.
I sent this to Canada (that's why I didn't make the polka-dot side red/white/blue) and haven't heard if my partner received it, or even liked it. I hope it makes it!
(I received a wonderful apron from Australia, and I'm waiting to get some fabulous pictures to post about it. Look for it next week!)
Friday, June 27, 2008
Summer Sassy Apron Swap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Okay, really I wish you would have had my name. I hope you have found out by now if she received it and/or liked it. Mine was off to Canada as well and I had to not go with a red/white/blue theme. I love it. Did you ever get yours?
Post a Comment