Thursday, April 3, 2008

May Blankets

I know it's only March, but I have two new nieces coming in May, and so I made a blanket for each of them. One is for my sister, the other for my sister-in-law. I love the way both blankets turned out. Too bad I couldn't keep them! But my "babies" are a little large to be wrapped up in snuggly flannel blankets and cuddled by mom. (Perhaps one of these days they won't mind doing that again, but until then....)


I used five different flannels each, and the fronts are the same as the backs, except without the rag part. I used two layers of flannel, without the batting and "X" in the center of each block. These are summer babies, and need to be cooler.


The pink is 4" squares (I cut 5" squares and used a 1/2" seam).


The blue/purple/green is 4"x8" rectangles (cut 5"x10" and used 1/2" seams).

Then I snip the seams while I watch T.V., or a favorite move (more listening than watching takes place, not a good hobby during LOST). Then I wash them once, on gentle with my lingerie soap (Forever New, usually I get it from Dillards). They smell simply wonderful and are all soft and gently frayed when I'm through. Ready for some baby love!

1 comments:

Giabella Designs said...

I need a tutorial on making that blanket! Can you e-mail me? sueannciccone@yahoo.com