My sis. had a baby shower while I was visiting, and my other sis. and sis.in-law got the idea to make her a diaper cake. We'd never made one before, but our combined "creative genius" took over and here is the result.
Here's a close-up with all the fun toys attached.
And a close-up of the diaper "calla lily" boquet on top.
And this is what it looked like before we added all the stuff in front. Pretty good all on it's own.

We used a case (yes, 104 diapers) of Pamper swaddler size 1 diapers. Half in the bottom, the other half for the top two layers. We had no patience to roll each diaper individually, so we fanned them out and wrapped them in tulle. Green for the top and bottom layer, with the pink ribbon, and pink in the middle with the green ribbon. (the ribbon is about 2") I wrapped the diaper flowers in tulle, then twisted them, and wrapped them to a wire with floral tape. (I don't know if I'd make those again...) Because we used tulle, we could attach toys and such with diaper pins. I've also seen a bucket on top filled with fun stuff.
Anyway. It was really cute and fun to make. (Could I duplicate it? Hmm....perhaps.)

2 comments:
That is just too cute! Found your blog through the Summer Sassy Apron Swap site! I just love apron swaps!
LOVE the calla lillies!
Post a Comment