Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Succumbed

Yes, the temptation was too much. I've been admiring and drooling over the Emmeline apron pattern for months now. I finally gave in and ordered it. Why the hesitation? Because I've got about 4 apron patterns at home already (that I haven't used yet!) and I somehow manage to keep wearing my old white "chef" style apron because it's not "too pretty" to wear and get all dirty. I'm hoping that the Emmeline will be pretty yet practical and not bug me around the neck. (And perhaps, I'm thinking about making it for my Fall Sassy Apron swap partner?...we shall see...)

4 comments:

kristib said...

Oooh...I want that pattern too! Unfortunately, we don't get paid for another 6 weeks, and I don't think it's technically "essential"...

~jen said...

I was trying to keep a zero balance on my credit card, but the temptation was too great. Good news is I somehow overpaid the last bill, so I had a credit, and I'll still have a zero balance! Seems I bought it before I ordered it. I think the same trick could work for you...

Jennifer said...

Oh, I need one of those aprons! I lve in my kitchen and I'm almost always wearing an apron when someone comes to the door. How fun to have a really beautiful one! Maybe I'll have to make time to sew for myself after the holidays. Or I could always trade someone baked goods.......

Jennifer

~jen said...

I'm pretty sure I could barter an apron for baked goods! =)